Sunday, October 3, 2010

To be a dermatologist..

I greet thee on this Sunday afternoon with a natural face and body cream recipes. This past year at the A.T.I conference in my last year of Commit we had electives. This was one of them. Learning to naturally take care of your skin. I learned how to make a face scrub, and a toner. And after waiting to find all the supplies, I'm finally making the face cream. You need: Coconut Oil (the most expensive item in this mix. Find at any health food store.)
Stearic Acid(This is what took us so long to find. But we finally found a very inexpensive site. SoapGoods.com)


Baking SodaAnd distilled water. Very simple.I just used old lotion containers and a few iGo bottles from Wall-Mart, to put the lotion in. It's a small batch, so I didn't need near all of them.
Here's how you do it. Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil and 2 T. Stearic acid on the stove top.
Then either in the microwave or stove top mix half a cup of distilled water and 1/2 a tsp. baking soda and bring to boil. Then pour the two together...this is this is the fun part, they foam up and make a soft white sensation. Let cool completely, then put in containers. There you have it...beautiful soft skin. I messed around with it a bit...tried to get it right, but I think I just messed it up more..;) we shall see what happens next time. Lovely afternoon to you all...
Deborah Isabel.






No comments:

Post a Comment